Healthy Pharm Ukraine appeared quite recently - in 2015, but quickly became a leading producer of cosmetics and hygienic products on the Ukrainian market. In addition to its own range, the company produces a wide range of Private Label products for the largest retail chains in Ukraine. Healthy Pharm Ukraine CEO Petr Lyubimov talks about the main elements of his company's success in the Private Label segment.
HEALTHY PHARM UKRAINE: IN WORKING WITH PRIVATE LABEL IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO FORGET ABOUT QUALITY
- How did your company start? How did you manage to master such a wide product range in just three years?
- We started with low-cost toothpaste and cosmetics. Gradually developing, we mastered the production of new types of cosmetic products and household chemicals, as well as continued working on improving existing products. Thus, we were able to develop our simple toothpaste in just three years to the recognizable ZUBB trademark, which is capable of competing with world brands.
- What is the accelerator of dynamic development for your company?
- We never stop there. The competition also plays a big role - in order to move forward, one has to constantly work on finding new kinds of products, recipes, to improve oneself. Customer orientation, not only for the end-user but also for the customer of the Private Label, helps us. When you understand the needs of clients and customers, the promotion goes faster and with great enthusiasm.
-What is the focus of product production? How can your products compete with the world-famous brands in this category?
- The focus is on the quality of our products. Effective product recipes are also important so that the product meets the consumer’s expectations and meets market needs. And most importantly, we offer all of these at a competitive price.
- What retail chains do you work with and in what categories? How do you develop your brand? How do you look at Private Label collaboration?
- Our brands are GO Healthy and ZUBB. We cooperate on Private Label with Metro, Auchan, PROSTOR, Eva, and Arhitektor Krasoty.
Together with them, we are constantly working to expand our range. We are also looking for new partners, "mature" for the sale of goods under their own trademark. Also, we work with the catalog business: UNICE and J'erelia.
- Is there a product, which you consider the best seller in your product category? How did you manage to achieve such results?
- With over 700 SKU, it is difficult to choose a favorite. We produce cosmetics from the mass-market segment to professional and expensive products and we are proud of all our products. This year I can highlight two most popular products: GO Healthy Hand Sanitizer and GO Healthy Laundry Gel. Consumers appreciated them the most. The products of our ZUBB brand have always been in demand as well. In the future, this brand will undergo many changes - a full rebranding of ZUBB is planned, both inside and outside. We have set an ambitious task - to improve the recipes while keeping for the consumer an attractive price in its segment. I am confident that we will produce an amazing product that will be in high demand.
- What has happened in the company in this difficult year?
- The year really has been a test for all, and we are no exception. Fortunately, our laboratory was able to respond quickly to the needs of the market and society and to create the GO Healthy Antiseptic Hand Gel.
Unlike other manufacturers, we were able to keep the price affordable. In direct sales, it was the lowest on the market. Not only did we give people security during the pandemic, we made a leap of our own.
This crisis has become a springboard for new achievements, so I can only thank our clients and partners for their trust in these challenging times.
- What is the uniqueness of your company and your products? How did you come to this and what was the journey to success?
- We focused on the development in our laboratory. The uniqueness lies in our recipes. Even during periods when there were no orders for certain goods, we created new recipes to enhance our capabilities. We always rely on the needs and requests of our customers.
Healthy Pharm Ukraine production is unique in that each type of product is produced on a separate line. Thus, the purity and uniqueness of the product are preserved. The standard is quality control at all stages of production.
- How do you usually implement a new product? Do you track the needs of the audience?
- Of course, we follow the global trends in this industry. Either we look for them ourselves, or we receive feedback from the world's largest suppliers of raw materials. Then we analyze and create a recipe in our own laboratory.
- How does Healthy Pharm Ukraine plan to develop in the future?
- The crisis has become a point of growth for us. So with everything that we have been through, we’ve created a model in which we’re going to continue to evolve. The plans are really grand. We want to expand both the Private Label and focus on private labels. In the future, we are going to enter international markets. Our slogan is “Speed. Internationality. Automation".
- What personally inspires you, as a CEO, to move the company forward?
- My people. Every employee of the plant is fully dedicated to their work. We do not know what “employee turnover” is. People treat work as if it were their own personal business. Teamwork and fortitude are the things I have the pleasure of seeing in a team every day. This is the most important criterion in the development and promotion of the company.
- What are your recommendations to partners for cooperation in the direction of Private Label?
- Choose products of the right quality while keeping the optimal price. Get inspired by the best examples, but always look for your own unique style.